Why I really haven't written this post is beyond me !! All my friends know how passionate I am about movies and the verbal barrage they get from me whenever they say things like "I don't like Hindi movies" or "Hollywood movies have only action"
The idea for this post came while watching Eat Pray And Love today , was going to just make a FB post about it, but my love for movies deserves more space.
Why I love movies ? They provide such an escapist route for me, and more than once I have identified so much with the characters , have fallen so much in love with them. There is no particular genre of movies which I love, there are good movies and there are pretentious ones , but they are movies , my friends say it is only I who delves so much into them to find some meaning :)
So here they go , some of my favorite all time lines (in no particular order) :-
1. "Main apni favorite hu" - Jab We Met.
These words are just so simple and yet how many of us can say it with as much conviction. When I watched this movie, I was like yes this is how I want to be , the effervescence of the character never fails to light up a gloomy day. If only we loved ourselves as much , Lets shout it Loud "Main Apni Favorite hu !!!!".
2. "Good Morning, and in case I don't see you, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good night" - The Truman Show.
This is so going to be my status update if and when I leave this place. You never know what might happen , but it's the future which you have to embrace with all you got and say bbye to the past :) Also Jim Carrey is the baap of humor for me :D
3. "Badhi Badhi shehron me aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai Senorita" - DDLJ
This was probably the first romantic movie which I had watched and this line manages to stick. If love could only be like this, unpretentious but like the twinkle in his eye .
4. " Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'." - Pretty Woman.
I have watched this movie so many times ,and yet I wait till the end for this scene to come, its like the conclusion of everything that happens. Keep On Dreaming , coz dreams will come true in one way or the other and when someone tells it like this it seems plausible and true.
5. "Raaste ki parwah karoonga toh ... manzil bura maan jayegi" - Once Upon A Time in Mumbai.
For the sheer bollywoodness of this line it features in this list. It invokes that angry man wala character in you and the gravity it has is oh my god!
6. The expression which Ishan has when he sees that his teacher has actually painted him in Taare Zameen Par. That single expression is worth a thousand words, what it feels like to be actually surprised when one is loved beyond all conditions.
7. "Hum pyar me the, hum khush the .. and everything turned blue." Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna
It is said that when you fall in love you look through rose tinted glasses, here blue was the protagonist's favorite color ,and when she fell in love everything turned blue. For those who don't know yet, purple is my favorite color :P ;)
8. "I'm in a relationship with my Pizza " - Eat Pray And Love
Now this , is the reason behind this whole post, right at the moment I totally connect with it. Food is one of the simplest pleasures of life , and I take great pleasure in not associating any kind of guilt with it . Food is just food, an elixir for life and something which gets absorbed into our soul.
If you watch something so visual, then there's no way out than soaking it in .
I'm sure that most of you also have some favorites , so why don't you enlist numbers 9 and 10.
Here's to Movies,Masti and Magic.